Linotype - Hell (formerly Xenotron Inc.)
September 1985 - March 1991
Supervisor of In-House Test and Support Group 9/1988 - 3/1991
- Set up In-House Support and Alpha-Test Group for new products
developed by Research & Development Group
- Supervised and managed team of two Product Quality Specialists, one
System Administrator, and one Support Technician. Projects included
Xenotron Display-Ad System (XDAS), Video Capture, ScriptMaster Software
Evaluation, Relational Ad Management System (RAMS).
- Planned and set up Network, File Servers, Print Servers, and E-Mail
systems for Macintoshes, VAXes, PCs, Sun and Apollo computers
- Provided support of all above systems for development engineers
Systems Manager; Computer Facilities and Systems Manager 9/1985 -
- Configured and maintained in-house computing systems
- Set up VAX/VMS software development environment based on VAX-11/750.
Learned Xenotron Display Ad System (XDAS) application (hardware and
- Designed, developed and implemented procedures and mechanisms for
release, delivery, maintenance, backup and upgrade of Xenotron designed
- Interfaced with software development team as senior technical
liaison. Installed and set up VAXes on initial customer site and
provided technical support (hardware and software)
- Planned expansion of in-house development system to a VAXCluster -
acquired VAX-8200 and moved to a clustered environment. Ported XDAS
software to run in a clustered environment
- Upgraded customer sites to VAXClusters
- Planned and designed layout for new computer room and Local Area
Network for in-house development system; this included a power
conditioning system; switched over to use of terminal servers
- Acquired microVAX II and ported XDAS software to microVAX II.
Installed Local Area VAX Cluster (LAVC) software on in-house development
- Modified XDAS software to run on LAVC. Installed LAVC software on
customers' microVAX IIs. Provided customer support for VAX
hardware/software, and Xenotron application software
- Added third-party volume-shadowing to microVAX II XDAS product
- Set up Installations and Support Group for XSD products.
Return to top of WHD's Resume
Last revised: October 19, 1995
Copyright and contact
information is available.